Thursday, January 22, 2009

An email from Tad

So great flight over. Watched the new Kevin Costner movie on the big touch screen in front of me. It sucked. I ate dinner slept for 5 hours straight then ate breakfast. Very Nice. Staying in a room with Noah Hoffman. Its a nice room small with a kitchenette. It has bunk beds and they are so narrow a sleeping bag zipped up would hang over the edges. I might just sleep on the floor. 
The hotel is crazy good food. Four course meals and at the end of the first night six different cheeses, around a pound each, with bread to go with them. It was awesome. Coffee is not so good. Good thing I have my French press. Pat Casey (US Ski Team Coach) already hit it up with me. He hates bad coffee but likes mine. So that means I Should have some fast skate skis. He also looked at my training plan and liked it.

The town is small but we are stayin thirty meters from the stadium. So that is nice. Salomon International is here so new boots and skis coming my way once they get here, just got the email about it. Very Nice. "Rocket Skate skis" they said they are fast, but I will use my white ones. Reminds me of skiing in CO here. Cold snow and mountains surrounding us on every side. The skate course is really hard. There is a climb that would be like skiing from Boyce lake up to the top of the North Loop but this climp is about 300 meters longer. Awesome for me. Snow should stay pretty consistent too. The Russians are staying with us and so are the Finns, Canadians, and maybe the Swedes. Russians not so friendly, Finns crazy friendly. The area really is like Durango. Hard hills and downhills not really flat ever. Pat Casey and I get along great and he even skied WITH ME today, he commented on how I was the only one he has skied with lately that has gone the proper speed. Every one else way to hard. Even US skiers. Feeling good and ready. Everyone else is doing these long day trips. They would be fun but I have been keeping it chill. I will email you later with how my training is going. Should be a good time.

No comments: