Sunday, May 9, 2010

BBQ Smells, Sunburns, and Road Rash; Episode 1

BBQ smells, sunburns, and road rash. Yep, it must (almost) be summer again. The first week of May and the first week of training for DNSC’s Summer Training Group (STG) are officially over. With 3 weeks of school still left, we’re logging some extra bonus hours over last year’s summer program and looking forward to the payoff next winter. After a month and a half of down time since JNs, I’m psyched to be back training with DNSC and continuing to develop our program.

I know everyone has been active during our hiatus, but I was extremely impressed by the form and fitness that I saw this week. I always this it’s good to go back to the basics at the start of every year, reassess our technique, and start over again; hopefully dropping any bad habits we may have picked up in the past year. From what I saw yesterday, there are only minor corrections to be made before we can start shifting our focus to strength and speed. Wow. I’m excited!

Considering we are only one week in, I don’t have a lot of exciting news to report, but with new and interesting workouts coming up next week, keep posted for some excited stories!

No comments: