Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Hello Durango Nordic!

Greetings from Geilo, Norway. I have been busy settling in to the cultural changes and the living. Here are some pictures of the experience thus far. Everybody loves pictures!


Geilo, Norway. One of the Alpine areas at about 15:00, when the sun is setting and the sky turns fiery red when you're lucky.

Male 19/20 Sprint Quarter-Final Sprint race in Sjusjøen, Norway.

Female 19/20 Sprint Quarter-Final Sprint race in Sjusjøen, Norway.

Me doing reconnaissance skiing the day before the 10km Classic race in Sjusjøen, Norway. Great sunset.


Sjusjøen, Norway.


Geilo, Norway.


A tunnel I ski/pass under on my way into town and training.


A fog hangs over the lake in Geilo, Norway. There is a perfect 12km loop around it for distance.


Things are going smoothly. It is great to be around people that are so driven by skiing and how it is just a part of who they are. I've been skiing at least 2-3 times a day. There is a 5km lit loop, so skiing after dinner is great. Plus, there is a lake loop, that is 12km, and takes about an hour or less to ski easy around that is perfect for distance training, it just never gets old. Ski tracks surround the town, so not only is it a great way to train, but a great way to get around. The level of competition is extremely high. Norway goes hard, always. The training is rigorous, but worth it. The food is great, and Hamburgers are a big hit here. There is a bowling lane here so I've been perfecting my technique. Obama's visit here was a huge deal to the people in Oslo and in Norway. Sometimes I feel like I am in America because everyone listens to our mainstream music and watches American movies.

I hope everyone's training is going well. I have a lot of core/medicine ball exercises to show the team, it will make you so fast! Good luck this weekend in Crested Butte!

Skål,
Rogan Brown

No comments: